Sunday 2 September 2012

Tuscany Supper Club.. My last one :o(

Last night was my last supper club held by Massimo Bruno.... Each month I enjoy the anticipation of going to Massimo's Kitchen Studio, where he would bring back great memories of home cooked Italian food and the atmosphere to match.

This evening measured up to all others with a great crowd and Massimo's wonderful stories about Italy and how he is so passionate about Italian food.

Starters included his delicious Focaccia, Salami with figs that melted in your mouth, Florentine steak sprinkled with sea salt, olive oil, arugula and dusted with cheese.

Just warming up and getting into the motion of 'just how much can I eat', the big guns start to come out. Chicken with Rosemary, Fish baked in salt and one of my favourite dishes - Pappardelle with a mushroom sauce... this sauce is just plain 'stupid' which in my language means you need a cigarette after.

Although the crowd is loud throughout the evening, when a dish is set down in front you, there's a silence amongst them when they have that first bite... BAM - that's when Massimo has you - and when you leave, you just want more of it..... He was my 'dealer' of Italian food and cooking and I have a feeling I'm going to go through withdrawls next month and the month after that. I'm trying to convince him to fly to Edmonton with his gang so my family and friends can finally experience "Massimo" :o)

I'm not sure if Massimo knows what an impact his supper clubs had on me, and I thank him and his hard working team each time, but I'm not sure THANK YOU is even close to how I feel.

BUT... Grazie Mille to Massimo, Enzo, Giovanna and Valeria. You not only shared your love of food and cooking, but made me feel like I was part of your family.

Ciao for now...who knows,  I may just fly out for one event next year :o)
Daniela




 

No comments:

Post a Comment